Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My Bio Sculpture website

Recently I came across another beauticians website and was very impressed with it. This made me wonder just what potential I am missing out on. It isn't easy making a decent living as a beautician, and finding new customers is difficult at time, particularly in the winter months when less ladies treat themselves.

Most of my work now revolves around Bio Sculpture Gel Nails in Hertfordshire, simply because I enjoy it and its a perfect offering for freelance, mobile work as a beautician. The only real expense to the mobile Bio Sculpture Nail Technician in Hertfordshire is the price of the gel itself and perhaps the cost of marketing materials. Other than word of mouth, the mobile beautician would get business cards and leaflets printed and start distributing them. Adverts in the yellow pages and local newspaper are expensive and haven't really brought me much return.

Websites can be very cheap or very expensive. Its quite possible to create your own website with just a little basic IT knowledge. This however I found to be very frustrating, and I just wasn't happy with its unprofessional look, and had little confidence that it would get me any work. Fortunately my boyfriend is a IT professional, so with a few sweet words and a home cooked meal or two he agreed to do the work.

Amazingly it did not take that long for him to complete my website as you see it now. I'm extremely pleased with it, he admits he isn't much of a designer and more of a programmer, but I think he has done a nice job! The fact that the design matches my business card design is fantastic! The website has only been running for a short period of time, and Ive already gained new Bio Sculpture Gel clients from it. With further promotion on line, and link building I'm told that I should get allot more happy nail clients from my website, here's hoping!